Planning for retirement can be complex and confusing. When providing pension advice, we take all of the confusion out of planning for your retirement. We explain which option is best for you when you are saving for your retirement as well as investment guidance.
If you are at retirement age, we will explain what happens next and guide you, step by step through the whole process; How much tax-free cash can you get, which option is best for you – an annuity, ARF or taxed cash.
In providing pension advice, we look at:
- What do you want to do in retirement? What are your goals? What do you want to spend your money on?
- How much do you need so you can do everything you want?
- What assets and sources of income do you already have, including savings, property and your business?
- What is the shortfall between what you have and what you need?
- What is the most tax efficient way of bridging that shortfall?
To help you with your investment decisions, we have developed a unique 3 step investment process to ensure that you invest the right amount in the right asset classes and don’t have sleepless nights about your pension investment.
3 Step Process
- Completing a psychometric risk tolerance questionnaire .
- Completing our own Assessing Suitability questionnaire where we will gauge the returns required to achieve your target, the level of risk required and your ability to bear any losses.
- Production of a personal Investment Policy Statement, laying out the investment strategy that most suits your needs and risk profile.
You should also read some of our recent articles: How do pensions work?, Changes in DB pension valuations, The Pension Levy, DB pensions – should I transfer out?, pension charges , The Power of Compounding , What happens to your pension when you are made redundant? , How much can you put into a pension? , When are you entitled to your employers pension contributions? , Reduce your tax bill through pensions
There are more articles on the investment aspect of pensions on our investment advice page.